Thursday, September 22, 2011

Most Used Cookware #1: 12" Skillet

The true workhorse of my kitchen - the 12" skillet.  I use this skillet for just about every meal I make.  There are too many things that this darling piece of cookware is capable of doing to even begin listing them.  Just trust me when I say that deciding which piece was the #1 most used piece of cookware in my kitchen was a snap.  The most difficult decision I had was deciding whether or not to include a cover for it in the title (I decided not to...but I'll say now that having a cover will greatly extend the usefulness of this skillet...and a helper handle, just because it makes life easier when handling a 12" skillet full of sauteed vegetables that need to be poured into another pot).

Why do I use this skillet for every meal instead of a smaller one?, you might ask.  The answer is one word: leftovers.  One of the keys to eating on a budget is cooking more than you can eat in one meal.  This way, you have leftovers to bring to work/school/wherever for lunch the next day without even having to lift a finger in the morning.  This drastically reduces the opportunity to make excuses about being late for work, or not having anything to make for lunch, and really, will eating out for lunch the third time this week really break your budget?  Yes, yes it will, if you keep adding it up.  Using the 12" Skillet helps me to minimize the occurrence of this cycle of next-day-lunch laziness, and my wallet thanks me repeatedly for it.

That, my dear readers, is why the 12" Skillet (with cover!) is the most used piece of cookware in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment