Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Inspiration for "A NAK for Cooking"

I figured I should start this blog off by explaining what inspired me to write it in the first place.  Well, the simple and overarching answer is "food."  I love food, there's no question about that. 

You could probably blame my family for that.  Food was a family affair - from preparation to cooking to eating.  A lot of my fondest memories are set against the backdrop of a boisterous family meal.  The smell of pasta sauce that had been simmering on the stove for hours, my grandmother calling my uncle or dad in for "mashed potato duty," the chatter of my mom and aunt as we helped prepare the meal and set the table...nothing helps cement the love of food into you when food has always been surrounded by love.  It was a love that caught a hold of me and will never let me go. 

My opinion of cooking is that, when done right, the resulting meal is not just food for the body, but also for the soul.  We all know that feeling - when you taste something that's "just the way Mom used to make it."  It transports us to a place and time that makes us go all warm and fuzzy inside.  Feeding the soul is the real joy of cooking.

So, when I started cooking for myself, I couldn't bear the "Ramen every night" diet, but still had to worry about cooking on a tight budget.  Along the way, I've come up with some tips and tricks of my own to remedy the situation.  This blog is meant to share those insights with all of you - especially my friends who love food as much as I do and are in the same budget pickle.


I hope you enjoy this trip into my kitchen...




No comments:

Post a Comment