Thursday, February 2, 2012

Butter and Southern Buttermilk Biscuits

I love cooking with friends and making people happy through food.  What better way to start off the year, then, with a podcast where I teach everybody how to make homemade butter and Southern buttermilk biscuits!

Thanks to my friends at Thor's Hour of Thunder, you can cook along with Thor, Baldr, Loki, and me as I try to bring a little bit of Southern charm to the Valhalla kitchen.

The recipes are included in the description of the podcast. 

Just a couple of suggestions before you start.

1) If you are going to try to cook along, try to prep as many of the ingredients before listening as possible.  If you are thinking really hard about measuring, you might miss some of the important tips and explanations given as to why you're doing what you're doing!

2) For making butter:  Room temperature cream will make butter in 10 minutes.  Cold cream straight from the fridge will take 20 min or more.  For the sake of your arms, I'd suggest letting the cream come to room temperature first.

You can also find the podcast and information through fellow blog site Strictly Commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment